Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Fun 1

We have been on the go so much I have not had a chance to update my blog. Rachel and I missed the last two days of school in order to drive to Maryland to see my niece graduate from high school. Isn't she so pretty and what a sweetheart.
Taylor posing with my parents.  When all the celebrating was done Rachel, Mom and I went to see good friends ( my former youth pastor and his wife and extended family) of ours in Bethlehem, PA. We were only going to stay an hour or so and ended up staying  6. We had such a great time I forgot to take a picture of them.
We drove to Reading, PA and spent the night and then drove over to Lancaster(Amish country) Rachel was not real thrilled at first but then had a wonderful time. We stopped and took a buggie ride, went to a pretzel factory did a little shopping and a lot of looking.
I love this picture of a man plowing his field using horses. I wish we had a little slower life like the Amish. The flower gardens had little or no weeds and I loved seeing the wash hanging outside to dry.
We stopped at the Choo Choo Barn to see the huge model train display. Rachel loved getting her picture taken in this train. Many years ago Tim, Dwight and I had our picture taken in a very similar train.
Rachel made two cards while up at Grandma Leathers. She came up with these designs on her own. She also sold her first nine cards while in Maryland. Way to go Rachel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment